The knife form is required for Third Degree Black Bet in Five Animal Kenpo and is the longest and most intricate form in the system.
The purpose of the form is a follows:
1. Enhance the knife handling skills of the student. Using the "saber grip" hold for point accuracy (when in regular position) and the "inverted saber grip" hold when knife is reversed. Using both knifes simultaneously each grip position possibility is drilled. The entire form is executed with actions on both (mirrored) sides so the coordination of right and left knife handling worked equally.
2. Five Animal movement style, energy, and strategy influences. The overall characteristic of the knife is "tiger" but being a relatively short bladed weapon (compared to a sword) the knife also lends itself to the viper aspect of snake. The two blades literally being the fangs of the snake. All five animal styles of movement are explored in the form although the "tiger" and "snake" aspects are always an influence.
3. Footwork in this form is the most sophisticated of all the Five Animal Kenpo kata and allows the angling and distance adjustments needed in knife combat to be fine tuned.
4. Sample application of the form is given. Although all forms transcend any one application, the sample applications will help understand the potential targeting and exact angles and methods of execution required.
5. Athletic demand. This form will stretch your martial athletic foundation. For this entire form to be performed at full energy the cardiovascular conditioning required and economy of movement needed will challenge the most veteran of martial artists!
DVD Content Summary:
1. Slow pace and performance pace demonstration from front view.
2. Slow pace and performance pace demonstration from side view.
3. Step by step detailed explanation of each movement of the form.
4. Application demonstration and theory of the form.
5. Five animal theory of movement applied to knife handling skills used in the form.
YES, send me all 20 DVDs detailing the entire Five Animal Kenpo System.
• Save $300! It's like getting 10 DVDs free.
• All basics, techniques, and forms from White Belt to Black Belt.
• The complete curriculum of weapon forms and techniques.
The entire FIve Animal Kenpo Curriculum DVD series of 20 titles with approximately 20 hours of detailed explanation and dynamic demonstration with hours of additional bonus features.